Skip to main content

The Walking Dead (Bored)...


I have a confession to make. That iconic scene above was probably the last time I've been interested in The Walking Dead.

It really pains me to say that but I just have to vent! When I started watching The Walking Dead, I can't say that I was into zombies. I didn't even know it was based on a comic book. All I can remember is watching the pilot episode and thinking "damn". But, life interfered and the pilot was the last episode I would watch live until Season 4.

I've always been a physical media fan and I often give it out as gifts. Especially for Christmas since I've been known to buy multiple copies of every cheap Blu-ray possible on Black Friday with the mindset of "one to keep, one to give". It took me buying multiple copies of The Walking Dead Season 1 on Blu-ray for me to finally sit down and watch. I was hooked immediately. I went back to Best Buy the next day to grab Season 2 and Season 3. I think it ended up taking me about a week to watch the three seasons but now I was a fanatic.

This is so horrible to admit and I'm going to hope this person will never read my blog. But, full transparency for all of you readers has always been my goal so here we go! 

The girl I was dating when Season 4 aired was a lukewarm fan of the show at best. I felt like she faked an interest as a way to spend time with me during that one week binge but I found it endearing so no problem. Anyway, I was so into The Walking Dead that I used to tell her I couldn't hang out on Sundays because it was reserved for "church, my Patriots and the walkers". I would even put her on the "do not disturb" setting during episodes so I could live tweet with The Best Coast fans! 

To this day, I still look forward to live tweeting during episodes with The Best Coast fans. I've made some incredible friends from the fanbase of this show and even got into some entertaining discussions/arguments with actors, writers and directors online about it. But, my enthusiasm is now on life support. 

Without mentioning specific spoilers since I would hate to ruin anything for anyone, the second episode of this season was really where my interest began to wane. The episodes became slower and slower. The action became non-existent. I'd even find myself taking naps during the episodes or just giving up altogether and deciding to text the person formerly known as my best friend about my disgust. Hell, some weeks I wouldn't even watch the episode until 2 or 3 days after it aired! 

And yet, I hang on. There are two episodes remaining in Season 7 and I'd have to assume that something major is going to start happening ASAPer than Rocky. And if it doesn't, I'm okay with that too. I'd compare myself to that poker player who is pot committed to his pocket Aces, I've invested too much into this show to give up now. The quality could decline for years and years to come but I would still be there each and every Sunday with my high hopes! 

Come live tweet with me tonight and just remember that in the end, "Maggie, I will find you..."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doer > Dreamer

Let me warn you before you start reading this, it's probably going to be long. Go grab your popcorn, Mountain Dew with exactly four ice cubes and settle in. There are two things I hear a lot... 1. "Cody, how do you do it?" 2. "I'm going to (insert dream here)" When people ask me "how do you do it?", it's addressing the idea of owning and operating your own business. The truth is that I was forced to do it. Not by my parents who still to this day like to tell me to get a regular 9-5 job since it's less risky. But, I was forced to do it because I was tired of working with people who didn't care about their jobs. They would show up to work under the influence of either alcohol, drugs or a combination of both and yet they got paid just as much as me or more. That didn't sit well with me and used to anger me. Then, one day I told myself that I can sit here and do nothing about it or take a chance and do something different. L

Hello From The Other Side...

The Internet is such a weird and yet magical place. Since I'm on the middle range of the "Millennials" scale in age, I remember back when we used to take all the free sample AOL discs from Tower Records just to get online for an hour. Then, the decision became do we go into a chat room to figure out everyone's A/S/L, or do we try to browse at a speed slower than a snail. We've come a long way since then and the availability of the Internet everywhere has shrunk the world. One of my best friends once told me that she's met some of the greatest people online and oddly enough I tend to agree. So whether you are going to read this because you have met me in person, or you are going to read this because it helps your workday move by faster, I appreciate you! Enough with the rambling (expect a lot) and on to the introduction! My name is Cody. A.K.A. #InternetBae. A.K.A. Poplo Escobar. A.K.A. one half of the People's Champ Supremo's Hawaii . This is my fi

The Future Of Netflix...

On February 4th, 2015, a show called Fresh Off The Boat debuted on ABC. There was an incredible amount of hype behind this because it was the first time in 20+ years that an Asian American family would be featured front and center. The show was loosely based upon the childhood of Mr. Double Cup Love himself, The Human Panda Eddie Huang. Side note, I always hear about him being in Hawaii looking for poke and or sushi and yet he isn't hitting me up? 😂  But, that's a story best saved for another day... Anyway, upon watching the two episode series premiere, I was hooked! Anyone who has an Asian Mom could relate heavily to this show because regardless of actual ethnicity, our Moms all hovered and parented in the same manner! I even ended up buying the book off Amazon which is huge for anyone who knows me because I am not a reader at all. Just the thought of cracking open a book cover puts me to sleep faster than an Ambien. While on this Fresh Off The Boat binge, I figured I'